18 February, 2009

President's Day outing

On Monday I went with a few friends to Flour Bakery and Cafe in the afternoon. It was a really tiny place and all the tables were taken up but we opted to wait for one to open up anyway. I ordered an espresso and an orange and chocolate muffin. The espresso was great until I got a mouthful of coffee grounds with the last sip. The muffin was decent but nothing special. We all tried each other's food and I really liked the berry cake. This week is "February break" for Boston and Brookline schools meaning that I have an unneeded break from work. There will probably be at least one more 'outing' post before work resumes next week.


3 comments:

  1. The berry ones reminds me of my raspberry pastry from that Belgian bakery I frequented. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My studio apartment in the South End was half a block from Flour and I'd always get the raspberry seltzer and the brownies. Sandwiches are excellent there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Us New Englanders do not say "break" in elementary - high school, we say "vacation". So it would be February Vacation.

    ReplyDelete